Philosophy @ Wildwinds Golf Links
Home of the 4Hour Round
- While a gentleman knows the particulars of golf decorum, he also knows when to practice them. In social rounds on crowded courses, he foregoes honours on the tee and plays ‘ready golf’ at all times.
- A gentleman is never caught living in the past. That includes replaying missed putts or agonizing over a score on the green when others are waiting to hit.
- Fond reflections and contemplation should not be confined to the enjoyment of a Black Label following the round. A gentleman begins contemplating his next shot as he approaches his ball and lines up his putts unobtrusively while others are hitting.
- A gentleman would always rather walk, but knows that on occasion a cart is required. On such occasions he always parks his cart smartly on the proper side or behind the green, and strives to have the right clubs in hand when away from the cart.
- Generally speaking, a gentleman respects authority and is therefore courteous and helpful to those working to improve the pace of play.