Rules of Golf @ Wildwinds Golf Links
Wildwinds Golf Links is proud to introduce our very own Rules of Golf section to the website. Here we will be posting Rules and Decisions based on situations you may find yourself in on our course.
Gentelmen’s Guide to a 4Hour Round:
- While a gentleman knows the particulars of golf decorum, he also knows when to practice them. In social rounds on crowded courses, he foregoes honours on the tee and plays ‘ready golf’ at all times.
- A gentleman is never caught living in the past. That includes replaying missed putts or agonizing over a score on the green when others are waiting to hit.
- Fond reflections and contemplation should not be confined to the enjoyment of a Black Label following the round. A gentleman begins contemplating his next shot as he approaches his ball and lines up his putts unobtrusively while others are hitting.
- A gentleman would always rather walk, but knows that on occasion a cart is required. On such occasions he always parks his cart smartly on the proper side or behind the green, and strives to have the right clubs in hand when away from the cart.
- Generally speaking, a gentleman respects authority and is therefore courteous and helpful to those working to improve the pace of play.
Dresscode on the Golf Course & Dining Facility
- Fashionable golf skirts, mock turtlenecks or turtlenecks are permitted. Tops must be worn tucked in unless designed to be worn otherwise. Any top designed without a collar must have sleeves
- Tailored shorts or skirts (5″ or less above the knee), Capri pants or slacks are permitted
- Soft-spiked shoes with socks are mandatory on the golf course
- Fashionalbe short and long-sleeved golf shirts, mock turtlenecks or turtlenecks are permitted and must be worn tucked in unless designed to be worn otherwise
- Tailored shorts (3″ or less above the knee) or golf slacks are permitted
- Soft-spiked shoes with socks are mandatory on the golf course.
Unacceptable Golf Course Attire
- T-shirts, crewneck shirts, muscle shirts, halter tops, tube tops, crop tops, tank tops, and/or tops with large writing are not permitted.
- Denim jeans and denim shorts of any colour, jogging pants, warm-up pants. stirrup pants, yoga pants, cargo shorts, and spandex shorts are not permitted
- Sandals worn without socks, backwards headwear and bandanas are not permitted.
Rules of Golf
If you have specific Rules questions please ask in the space provided or on our Facebook page.
If you are interested in learing more about the Rules of Golf or if you are interesting in becoming a Rules Official please the Golf Canada website.